Countdown to Disney World Check List
Welcome to Chip and Co! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for the best in Disney News Views.
Like most people I am sure you love counting down the days to your Disney World vacation. As the number goes from 90 days down to 60 and then 30 most people feel a sense of urgency to make sure they have everything together.
One of the biggest helpers to me is my Disney World Spread Sheet. I use my spread sheet with help from Touring Plans and our Guide to Walt Disney World Section (Planning Link at the top of the page) to figure out where we are eating, which park to visit, and any or all special events available.
Once I have my Spread Sheet ready I like to create a Check List for each trip just so I can mentally check off things to ease my anxiety. Here is my checklist which you are free to use. Depending on how you travel, where your staying, and many other variables you may need to customize yours to suit your needs. Some of these I do several months out and others I do just before I leave.
- Suitcases and Luggage Tags – usually come in the mail from Disney
- Diaper Bag and Print out of all Baby Care Station Locations
- Sample Size Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Detergent, Dryer Sheetsm Aloe, Bullfrog Sunscreen, Tylenol, Excedrin, Baby Tylenol, Benedryl, Bandaids, Wipes, Sanitizer
- Refillable Water Bottles, Mio Water Enhancers, Snacks
- Buy Leap pad Game and a few mobile toys for baby – something new for the kids on the ride down
- Visit Dollar Tree for small daily gifts for kids
- Cell Phone Battery Chargers, and mobile charger to help Stay Charged
- Camera Video Camera Bag and Accessories (charger, usb cables, sd card)
- Clean up laptop and check bag for all necessary cables
- Towels, blankets, and Pillow
- Hats Glasses
- DVD Movies for kiddies
- Make Disney Mix Music Playlist
- Purchase Any special Park Outfits – Marathon, Halloween Party, etc
- Order Chip and Co T-Shirts
Reservations and Things to do
- Oil Change, Air Filter, Wiper Blades, Check Tires on Vehicle
- Clean out van remove old toys and junk and Get Car Wash
- Make sure AAA Membership is current and info is available
- Clean out stroller
- Get ribbon or something to identify stroller
- Print out directions or Save Resort Info to GPS
- Purchase Air, Bus or Train Tickets – Setup an airfare watchdog to have rates emailed to you
- Clean out Carseat if you are bringing it on your flight
- Get Stroller Rental Reservation
- Make Advanced Dining Reservations – 180 Days out
- Find sitter for Kids or Dog
- Print out any special maps
- Start checking Long Range Weather outlook or averages for that month so you know what to wear.
- Read over other planning articles on Chip and Co
- Call to confirm reservations or check with Travel Agent
- Check online to confirm Advanced Dining Reservations
- Confirm Stroller Reservation
- Confirm Flight Info
- Call Alarm Company and make sure info is current
- Schedule Mail Newspaper Pickup
- Confirm Taxi or Disney Magical Express
So I think that is about it. You can also check out this list Tricia wrote to get more ideas. Her list is geared more towards a week out and is no where near as extensive as mine. Everyone is different. Some people will be a lot more organized than me and others like to wing it and not plan at all. However you get ready for your Disney World Vacation check back with us as we always try to offer you tips and tricks to make your Disney Vacation enjoyable and stress free.
If you have some more suggestions for me let me know in the comment box below. I would hate to overlook something!
- Would you pay $25 for a single dessert at Disney World? (pics.chipandco.com)
- Disney World Quick Tips: Ten Tips for First Timers (chipandco.com)
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ChipAndCo/~3/sBRE7Shicq8/