Having Tea at the Grand Floridian Resort
Welcome to Chip and Co! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to our Newsletter for the best in Disney Park News, Planning Tips, Giveaways and More delivered to you.
The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is Walt Disney World’s flagship hotel. The stunning Victorian style resort is known for its luxurious rooms, amazing dining, and soothing spa. I think some people might be surprised to learn that inside its magnificent walls are three unique tea party experiences that are perfect for both the young and the young at heart.
Enjoying a tea party with your family is an experience that can create some magical memories. The Grand Floridian offers three different experiences for you to enjoy.
My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party: This amazing experience is for Princesses and Princes ages 3-11 and an adult guest. The princesses are welcome to wear their lovely princess gowns if they choose; although it is not required. The tea party is held in the beautiful Garden View Lounge Tea Room. It’s hosted by “Rose Petal”, a friend of Princess Aurora’s or another one of her friends. During the party, there is music and storytelling from your royal host along with a Princess parade. The atmosphere is beautiful, with fresh flowers and china tea cups for a true tea party feeling.
- Tea Party Fare: The royal tea party food for adults consists of tea sandwiches,(usually chicken-almond salad, egg salad, and shrimp salad), fruit and cheeses, (Smoked Cheddar Cheese, Sage Derby Cheese, and grapes), and assorted pastries and crackers, (Bleu Cheese Tart, Bleu Cheese baguette, and tea crackers). There are teas for the adults to enjoy, both flavored and unflavored. The Princes and Princesses at this royal tea party will enjoy dining on “tea” (juice) as well as heart-shaped sandwiches, grapes, and jelly heart tarts. Desert is a beautifully decorated Princess cake to share.
- Gifts and Keepsakes: During the tea party, each guest will receive an assortment of very special treasures to take home as special mementos of their magical adventure.
- Princesses: Princesses will receive a special 18 inch My Disney Girl doll in a Princess Aurora gown with accessories. A ribbon tiara, Princess link bracelet, fresh rose, special Princess scrapbook page, and a” Best Friend” certificate.
- Princes: Young Princes receive a special pin, a plush Duffy the Disney Bear, and a pirate Mickey cap.
Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare: If you have an Alice in Wonderland fan, then this experience is not to be missed! This whimsical, fun tea party is hosted by the Mad Hatter and Alice. They play games and tell stories to their guests during this hour long tea party which is held in the 1900 Park Fare Restaurant for guests 4-12 years old. During the tea party, the adults have an hour to enjoy some of the other amenities that the Grand Floridian has to offer, such as the amazing shops or the spa.
- Tea Party Fare: The Mad Hatter and Alice have chosen food that is more desert-orientated than the other tea parties. During their time with their storybook hosts they will have an opportunity to decorate cupcakes, enjoy heart-shaped peanut butter and jam sandwiches, and chocolate-dipped Rice Krispie treats. “Tea” (apple juice) is also serves with the refreshments.
- Gifts and Keepsakes: Party guests also create a colorful craft to take home as a souvenir of their “mad” adventure with Alice. They will also be able to take photographs with their tea party hosts.
- Reservations and Prices: Reservations are required for this experience. The price is $42.60 per child and includes tax and gratuity. This experience is a fun, imaginative way to make some some very special memories with truly memorable characters!
While not a tea “party”, this elegant location is a welcoming, relaxed choice for a meal or a snack.
Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge: This particular tea holds a very special place in my heart. This year my Princess is going to be lucky enough to be able to celebrate her birthday at Disney World. To celebrate, we are having a very special “big-girl” tea here. We are so excited! This traditional British tea is held in the beautiful Garden View Lounge. Enjoying a relaxed afternoon tea enjoying the view of the gorgeous rose garden is a tradition for many Disney guests. Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge is something that the entire family can enjoy together.
- Tea Party Fare: Ranging from three course offerings to a la carte choices, the options for food are much greater at this tea. The menu focuses on traditional offerings including, among many other choices, scones, trifle, pastries, and cheese plates. For the younger tea guest, they offer a very special “Mrs. Potts” menu choice which includes a variety of tea sandwiches, two pastries, and their very own “magical dark tea” (chocolate milk). There are many choices for your pot of tea. They tea menu even has two custom blends made exclusively for this restaurant-the Garden View Blend and the Princess Breakfast Tea.
In addition to the many tea choices, there are also many other beverage choices including hot chocolate, coffee, cappuccino,espresso, soft drinks, and juices. There is also a small selection available from the bar.
- Gifts and Keepsakes: While guest at this tea don’t receive mementos like the other two choices, this is a popular location to hold special occasions. Bridal showers, baby showers, as well as birthdays and other occasions are often celebrated here with an elegant tea.
- Reservations and Prices: Afternoon tea is only served from 2-6 p.m. so having a reservation is essential if you have your heart set on enjoying this experience. Prices range from $3.00 for an a la carte pastry to the three course heartier full meals that cost around $28.00.
As with all Disney dining experiences, if you have food allergies in your party please note it on your reservation and accommodations can be made for you. To make reservations please call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.
Heather L is an avid Disney fan and has been visiting the parks since she was 4. She is happiest with a Mickey balloon in one hand and a Mickey bar in the other.
- Is Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Right for You? (chipandco.com)
- New “Alice in Wonderland” Play Area has Grand Floridian Guests Happy (chipandco.com)
More Disney Magic:
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ChipAndCo/~3/F3DlwkZbUhw/