Celebrating New Years Eve at Walt Disney World – Events & Details
Welcome to Chip and Co! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to our Newsletter for the best in Disney Park News, Planning Tips, Giveaways and More delivered to you.
Have you ever rung in the New Year Eve at Walt Disney World? It’s on my very long Disney Bucket List! Here are few tips and list of events from Chip Co. if you are headed that way this year.
Extra Magic Hours-7am to 8am, Park Open 8am to 2 am.
The Magic Kingdom will continue to have their holiday decorations up for the festivities. Special performances throughout the day will be capped off by an 11:50 pm fireworks show “Fantasy in the Sky”. For the younger set, an 8:30 pm fireworks show of “Holiday Wishes” will be a nice treat before heading to bed. There are no special meals or events planned at Magic Kingdom, and the park is extremely busy. If going to Magic Kingdom is important to you, arrive earlier in the day and stay there. They have been known to close within hours of opening.
Future World 8am to 1 am, World Showcase, 9:30am to 1am. Exit bypass gates will be open during the evenings at the World Showplace and next to China.
Epcot will have performances and DJ’s throughout the World Showcase for New Years Eve. There is also a special Illuminations at 7pm and 11:40pm. Several restaurants have holiday menu’s for New Years Eve Dinner. Reservations are a must!
- Biergarten-Lunch and Dinner German Buffet
- Le Cellier-Price Fixe Holiday Dinner Menu
- World Showplace-Holiday Buffet Dinner based on Fantasia.4:30pm to 10:30pm, $64.99 adults, $41.99 kids (plus tax)
Park Open 8am to 12m, Extra Magic Hours 12am to 3am.
For a Rock and Roll New Years Eve, head to Hollywood Studios. A slightly less crowded option, and fun for the family. The group, “Mulch, Sweat and Shears” made up of Disney Hollywood Studios “landscapers” and musicians will be performing family friendly rock and roll hits. Their stage set will be in front of the Sorcerer’s Hat throughout the day and night. The night will be capped off by a midnight fireworks display. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is still up as well. For special meals, make a reservation at the following:
- Hollywood and Vine-Lunch and Dinner Holiday Buffet
Extra Magic Hours 7am to 8am, Park Open 8am to 8pm
There aren’t any special events at Animal Kingdom for New Years Eve. This however, makes it a great option if you are looking to avoid the crowds. The Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade will take place at 3:45pm. The park is open a little later for a unique evening look at the animals and attractions.
Downtown Disney has a New Years Eve Party event at DisneyQuest from 8pm to 1am. A ticket to this event offers access to all attractions, Character meet and greets, DJ Dance parties with favors, a countdown and confetti drop. Each guest will receive a voucher for a Quick Service Type meal. The party is great for all ages, tickets are $50 and may be purchased online or by calling 1–407-WDisney. Tickets are also available for $60 the day of at the DisneyQuest Box Office. A special Price Fixe Dinner Menu is available at Portobellos for Lunch and Dinner. Cirque du Soleil/ has New Years Eve performances at 6pm and 9pm and ticket holders receive a special Disney/Cirque du Soleil trading pin.
Resorts at New Years Eve
Several of the resorts have special events and dinners for ringing in the New Year. Unless noted, make your reservations online or by calling 1-407-WDWDINE.
- Atlantic Dance Hall-21yrs and over DJ Dance Party (Call 1-407-939-5100 for tickets)
- Flying Fish Cafe-Price Fixe Dinner Menu
- California Grille!–-Price Fixe Dinner Menu (Call 1-407-939-3463 for reservations)–
- Chef Mickeys-New Years Day Brunch and Character Meal
- Citricos-Price Fixe Dinner Menu
- Narcoossees-Price Fixe Dinner Menu
- Victoria and Albert’s-Dinner options, Standard Dining, Chef’s Table and Queen Victoria’s Room (Call 1-407-939-3862 for reservations)
- Garden Grove at the Swan-Dinner Buffet
- Il Mulino NY Trattoria at the Swan-Price Fixe Dinner Menu (Call 1-407-934-1139 for reservations)
- Shula’s Steakhouse at the Dolphin-A la Carte Dinner Menu (Call 1-407-934-1362 for reservations)
- Todd English’s bluezoo at the Dolphin-Holiday Dinner Menu
- Yachtsman Steakhouse-Price Fixe Dinner Menu
Chip’s Tips: If a Champagne Toast is on your New Years Eve agenda, then avoid Magic Kingdom as alcohol will not be served (with the exception of inside the Be My Guest restaurant). The remaining parks and resorts will have alcohol for purchase as usual. Park Hopping is not a good idea for New Years Eve-if the park is closed, even resort guests are not allowed in until capacity levels decrease.
All of us here at Chip and Co. wish you a Happy and Safe 2013 no matter where you are!
Mickey Mom is a mom to two, Disney Addict and has trouble staying up until midnight on New Years Eve!
- Celebrating New Years at Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Magic Kingdom reaches Capacity on Christmas Day – Expect long lines all week! (chipandco.com)
More Disney Magic:
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ChipAndCo/~3/0xnIdHP_bzE/