Why you should dine at the San Angel Inn
Welcome to Chip and Co! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to our Newsletter for the best in Disney Park News, Planning Tips, Giveaways and More delivered to you.
Epcot is one of our favorite parks at Disney. We love the rides, my Disney nerds especially love the learning aspect of Epcot and we all love the beautiful World Showcase. One of our favorite parts of Epcot is the food! From the creamy creme brulee with a delicious sugar crust, German specialties like schnitzel and sauerkraut, to thick steaks at Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada pavilion just to name a few, there is something for everyone’s tastes. During our recent trip to Disney World, my family and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Epcot that has long been on our Disney dining bucket list.
We dined at San Angel Inn which is located inside the Mexico Pavilion. We have always enjoyed the feeling you get inside this pavilion; it truly feels like you have stepped inside a Mexican town at twilight. While the beautiful surroundings have always made us happy, we had read mixed reviews on the food before our trip so we unsure whether or not the food would make us happy too. We shouldn’t have worried-it was fantastic! We dined there using 2 credits each for the Candlelight Processional. This meant that we each chose an appetizer, entree, and a desert. The servings were large-and with four people, it was a massive amount of food!
Three of the highlights of the restaurant included:
- Food, glorious food: Everything we ordered was delicious and spicy! The food was authentic Mexican, which may be different from some people are used to eating. Everything was delivered to our table quickly and they were very warm and accommodating of special allergy requests we made. While my daughter would have really liked some different choices on the children’s menu (she is a pretty adventurous eater), she chose the beef tacos and said they were very tasty. She also shared some of the Mole Pablano I ordered and agreed with me that it was more fun than the tacos. Our server did tell us that they are more than happy to make something less spicy for anyone who doesn’t want heat with their meal. We asked for a non-spicy meal due to an allergy and it was also very good and exactly what we needed. They also have vegetarian offerings which is nice!
- Atmosphere:The beautiful surroundings made for a very relaxing dinner. There were so many different things to see; the boats for the Gran Fiesta Tour attraction float next to you, there is a rumbling volcano in the sunset distance, and a lovely 17th century town for you to enjoy while you eat. I could definitely see why this is a favorite location for a date night for many couples. Twinkling lights, amazing food, and great company-it was magical!
- Service:While Disney is known for their dedication to customer service, this restaurant went above and beyond even Disney standards in my opinion. Our server was one of the kindest Cast Members I have ever encountered at Disney. He was very patient and helpful with our special dining needs and was very friendly and fun. He even gave my children a Spanish lesson when he heard that they are taking Spanish in school. We were celebrating a birthday that night and the guest of honor was speechless when the Cast Members sang Happy Birthday to her and brought her a special desert.
We have already talked about when, not if, we eat at San Angel Inn again in the future. Next time we hope to enjoy one of the famous Margaritas they offer. This is a perfect place for a romantic dinner, a family lunch or for a special celebration. It is so much more than just the food; it was the whole environment that truly made it so special. I hope if you and your family dine there your experience under the twinkling Mexican sky is as magical as ours!
Heather L is an avid Disney fan and has been visiting the parks since she was 4. She is happiest with a Mickey balloon in one hand and a Mickey bar in the other.
- New Waterside Restaurant at Morocco to serve Tapas (chipandco.com)
- Dining: Hungry? Eat at Epcot’s World Showcase! (aglassslippervacation.com)
More Disney Magic:
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ChipAndCo/~3/ecZ1tKMeSpw/