Taking in the Walt Disney World Parades
Welcome to Chip and Co! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to our Newsletter for the best in Disney Park News, Planning Tips, Giveaways and More delivered to you.
“What time is the three o’clock parade?” ”Where does the Main Street Electrical Parade begin?” Now that I have your attention, let’s talk Walt Disney World Parades. People waver back and forth about the best viewing spots, time to grab a spot, and even etiquette when it comes to parades at the most magical place on earth. Today, I want to share with you some of the best spots to view the parades at each park.
Magic Kingdom Park:
- Just in front of the Liberty Boat is a great location. There is an outdoor food cart, that usually sells fresh fruits and other snack items. This is a GREAT place to catch each parade at Magic Kingdom. The people here are rarely three deep, and it is also a spot where cast members put up the “entrance/exit” poles with the ropes.
- As you enter Magic Kingdom, stay to the right of Main Street USA. As you pass the bakery and ice cream shoppe, there are some tables just at the end, before it leads off to Tomorrowland. These tables are a great spot for the Celebrate a Dream Come True, Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! especially. Also, think about the photos you’ll be taking-if you venture down Main Street, toward the “hub”, you’ll likely get Cinderella’s Castle in the background.
- Frontierland-The platform, in front of the Shooting Arcade is a great viewing spot, too. Plus, if you are here for the MSEP, you’ll have a decent view of Wishes. OR, you can hit Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain with little wait after the parade passes.
Animal Kingdom Park:
- The Safari entrance in Africa-Here, the parade passes twice. So, get a spot to watch it. Then, when others have left, you could move up to get a better view when it comes by again in about 10 minutes.
- Tusker House and Dawa Bar area-These two dining locations can be great for the parade view. Keep in mind, that Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade floats are VERY tall. Having a view from a few rows back isn’t so bad with this parade. Plus, when viewing a this location, you are close to the Kilimanjaro Safari and could hop on there straight after the parade with a little wait.
- With the parade at DHS you can actually get blocked in and trapped from moving any place so when picking your spot make sure you can get out before you take you seat.
- Hollywood Sunset near Starring Rolls is one of our favorite spots. There is good shade and you can see the parade as it makes its turn.
- If you are leaving after the parade then I would sit on the Tower or Terror side of Hollywood Blvd that way you have a straight shot to get out.
Planning where to watch your parade while at Disney is important. You should consider what attractions you’d like to visit before or after the parade, as well as any dining reservations.
Where do you like to watch the parades?
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co and also on My Favorite Finds. There you can find the best organization,recipes, Disney travel tips, and crafts. Stop by and check out all of her great ways to find the joy in the everyday!
- How to get to your Advanced Dining Reservations before the parks open (chipandco.com)
- How many of these Top 10 Disney Must Do’s have you done? (chipandco.com)
More Disney Magic:
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ChipAndCo/~3/SLx4xKubbPM/